Tuesday, January 07, 2014

New Year's Resolutions: 2014

I nearly forgot one of this blog's most venerated traditions: New Year's resolutions! Unforgivable (except that I did, in fact, remember). Previous installments here, and, like we do every year, we start with last year's resolutions:

Met: 1, 3, 4, 10, 11, 12, 13 (amazingly enough! I didn't find the books until I moved to DC), 14 (I honestly feel like this is true).

Missed: 2, 7, 8 (I think -- I don't actually remember), 9.

Pick 'em: 5, 6.

Not bad, all told. I think we can consider the resolution-side of last year a success, if nothing else. But time marches on, and so to we move to this year's resolutions!

1) Publish an article, or have one accepted for publication (other than Academic Freedom versus Academic Legitimacy). (Met)

2) Keep the frequency of anxiety attacks to "sporadic". (Pick 'em)

3) Feel decently competent in an additional area of law beyond my current speciality. (Pick 'em)

4) Attend a Devils game (cheating -- Jill already got me tickets for my birthday). (Met)

5) Spend money while still being financially responsible. (Met)

6) Get the blog's average hits back over 100/day. (Missed)

7) Stay in contact with my law advisers. (Met)

8) Finish a book. (Met -- pulp Star Wars fiction counts!)

9) Finish my secret project for Judge Murphy. (Missed)

10) Find a new computer and/or console game I like. (Met)

11) Attend the Carleton Reunion (again)! (Met)

12) Stay in contact with the academic community. (Met)

13) Work frequently with people whom I like working with frequently. (Met)

14) Be in a position where I am looking forward to next year. (Pick 'em -- looking forward to it right up until about August, where things get very hazy).

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I thoroughly endorse you coming to reunion this year...